Okay everyone. I'm not going to even sugar coat it. I just haven't been in the mood to write lately. It's not for lack of things to say or write about. It's that instead of writing about life, I've been out living it. In other words, it's been busy around here. It's only going to get a little busier as the holiday season fully kicks off. Although, I'm not one of those people who rushes Christmas. I wait until Thanksgiving has come and gone to put up the tree or any type of decoration. Call me weird, but I think that big ole turkey deserves his season as well. :)
So, here's my confessions.
- I have 2 posts to write for this week. Both are product reviews and I'm really excited about them both.
- Last week was exhausting. Mentally.
- Fall festival was held at A's school last week. It was a lot of fun and reminds me of why I'm thankful I'm not the PTO President. I do not want that kind of pressure.
- Ren's soccer team came in 2nd place in our area tournament last weekend. This weekend we headed to Cincinnati for the state soccer tournament. His team lost in the first round, but I'm so happy for those boys. They played a great season. Thankfully, Ren has decided to officially hang up his cleats and retire from soccer.
- I've had conferences for two of the three kids at their schools. Both are doing very well and are well above where they should be. I'm thankful we took time when they were small(er) to read to them, teach them, and make education a priority.
- Chuck lost his grandfather over the weekend. He was a sad, but he didn't really know him.
- The crazy part about the loss of his grandfather was his Mom's confusion. She called and told him on Saturday and then mentioned she wasn't going to the services. Chuck ask why and she didn't really give an answer. That wasn't enough for me and when I ask her she said it was because he passes last week and had already been buried. Then we find out that no, his grandfather actually passed on Friday and services are this week. His Mom's confusion is getting worse and worse. Heck, she hadn't even mentioned the passing to Chuck's brother, with whom she shares a home. I want to step in so badly, but don't feel it's my place.
- This morning I'm quite thankful that we started the 3 gifts for Christmas rule when the kids were smaller. I've already heard people complaining about their kids having the "I wants". Mine have them too, but more defined. They know exactly what they want and have already made ti known. Now to figure out how to get the money to pay for it. LOL. The have expensive tastes this year.
- I have been fighting the urge to be a snarky biotch lately. It's a mind of mouth game. The mind is winning right now.
- Ren's behavior has been awful lately. We aren't sure what to do. I think we need to go back to therapy, but our new insurance makes it impossibly expensive. Like $100 a visit expensive. That may not seem like a lot until you factor in that he was going weekly and A was going to help with her short term memory loss. Our monthly bill could easily be $600 a month. That's a lot! Insurance makes me crazy (and I've been on the 'professional' side of this issue too and it's just as frustrating from their point of view).
- In other news, A starts going to the orthodontist in January. This should be fun.
- Chuck told Ren the other day that if he didn't brush his teeth better that his teeth would fall out. Well, he lost a baby tooth a day or two after this chat and got very upset. On the plus side, he brushed his teeth better than usual the rest of the week. (Side note: We allow our kids to brush their teeth on their own and use a timer to make sure they are brushing for an adequate amount of time. We then go and 'check' their teeth. We want them to learn good habits and the skills to do it themselves, but we also want to assure they have clean mouths and teeth).
Well, I think that's all for today. I wish you all a good week!